In this conclusion of Selling Catholicism, Joe Sixpack—The Every Catholic Guy talks about overcoming fear, the pitfalls of “Nice Catholicism”, and how you can benefit from a stubbed toe or a headache.
This is an episode you won’t want to miss!
The Cantankerous Catholic Social Media Group
Join our group where subscribers of The Cantankerous Catholic can meet to discuss the issues talked about in episodes, get opinions from other like minded people, or simply discuss anything effecting Catholics.
Don’t like or trust Facebook? No problem!
Joe Sixpack—The Every Catholic Guy doesn’t trust Facebook either. There have been too many instances of censorship on Facebook. If you promote abortion, LGBT issues, or anything anti-patriotic, you’re pretty much guaranteed to be unmolested by Facebook. But if you promote life, decency or morality, Facebook is subject to censor your posts, take down your page, or otherwise use some underhanded method to censor you.
We’ve found an alternative to Facebook. It’s a new social media site called TrumpTown.com. Whether you like President Trump or not, this is the one social media that doesn’t censor you for upholding Catholic values and morals. You’re completely free to discuss and promote anything you want, just as long as it isn’t immoral, indecent, or anti-American. Joe Sixpack—The Every Catholic Guy has been critical of President Trump on a number of issues, as is the right of all Americans. TrumpTown.com has never molested him in any way, and they guarantee they won’t. The site otherwise works identically to Facebook. That is the reason Joe Sixpack—The Every Catholic Guy chose to host The Cantankerous Catholic Social Media Group there. We have the added benefit and protection of being a private group. So join the group now to meet other like minded Catholics.
Not a Catholic? We’d still love to have you join us. You’ll find that we’re a very welcoming people. (Matthew [25:35])
Catholic News Notes
This episode features a story about a man named John, and an unforgettable dream he had.
In an effort to provide you with the best, most helpful experience we can, any resource mentioned in The Cantankerous Catholic podcast will always be listed in this section.
1. O my God, in union with the Immaculate Heart of Mary, I offer Thee the Precious Blood of Jesus from all the altars throughout the world, joining with It the offering of my every thought, word and action of this day.
O my Jesus, I desire today to gain every indulgence and merit I can, and I offer them, together with myself, to Mary Immaculate—that she may apply them to the interests of Thy most Sacred Heart.
Precious Blood of Jesus, save us!
Immaculate Heart of Mary, pray for us!
Sacred Heart of Jesus, have mercy on us!
2. O Jesus, through the Immaculate Heart of Mary, I offer you my prayers, works, joys, and sufferings of this day for all the intentions of your Sacred Heart, in union with the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass throughout the world, for the salvation of souls, the reparation of sins, the reunion of all Christians, and in particular for the intentions of the Holy Father this month.
How to Share Your Faith with Anyone by Terry Barber
The Lay Evangelist’s Handbook by Joe Sixpack—The Every Catholic Guy
Catholic Street Evangelization: Stories of Conversion and Witness by Steve Dawson and Adam Janke
The Catholic Church and Conversion by G. K. Chesterton
Why I Am Still a Catholic: A Conversion Story: Hanging on Catholic. . . Fitting Like a Glove (Volume 10) by Dr. James Harold
Why I Am Catholic (and You Should Be Too) by Brandon Vogt
Secrets of the Catholic Faith by Joe Sixpack—The Every Catholic Guy
“The greatest tragedy in the Catholic Church is the ignorance of the laity.”—Blessed John Henry Cardinal Newman
What We Believe… Why We Believe It—the weekly bulletin insert to educate your parishioners!
No one disputes that today’s Catholic lacks knowledge of the faith. That’s the reason so many are leaving the Church (6.5 people leave for every one who becomes a Catholic)—they simply don’t know the faith. But the What We Believe… Why We Believe It system can change all that. Within a year of reading What We Believe… Why We Believe It, your parishioners will know exactly what they believe… and be able to defend those beliefs.
What We Believe… Why We Believe It works because…
- It’s intrusive (70% of Catholics get 100% of their information from the weekly bulletin)
- Each issue is in engaging
- Far from boring catechism, each issue is highly informative of orthodoxy without being “highbrow”
- With the JoeSixpackAnswers.com website and weekly webinars, your parishioners have a source where they can ask questions when you’re not available