Comfort & Conviction Don't Live On The Same Block!
Hi, my name is Joe Sixpack—The Every Catholic Guy, and I'm the host of The Cantankerous Catholic
One thing about being Catholic these days is, most of us run around confused about just about everything relating to the faith. Some people say that the Church's moral teachings tell us we must accept this or reject that. Other people tell us that the Church's social justice teachings are just the opposite of the moral teachings. Most of us don't really know what to believe, and few of us really understand what we know of official Church teaching.
The confusion and frustration causes all of us Catholics to react in one of three ways. Some of us become apathetic, which is dangerous for our souls (Revelation 3:15). Others of us become angry or frustrated. Still others of us find ourselves with a deep longing to know what is good and true.
Well, Joe Sixpack—The Every Catholic Guy has a remedy for all of that!
The Cantankerous Catholic tackles the really tough moral issues, current events and politics from a Catholic perspective. You'll only get what the heart of the Church has to offer with 100% orthodoxy from the Church's official magisterial teachings. In other words, you'll be able to know that your getting the absolute truth and the absolute best the Catholic Church has to offer. You won't always like it, but that's why I always say that Comfort and Conviction don't live on the same block.
I'm a convert of thirty years. I didn't convert because I married a Catholic, but because I had every aspect of Catholicism proven to me. (Yes, everything there is in Catholicism can be proven!) Most of all, I genuinely believe Catholicism is the most exciting lived experience there is!
Although I'm merely a layman, I'm uniquely qualified to help other lay people navigate daily life while living and applying the Catholic faith to their lives. Here are some of my bona fides...
- Consecrated Member of the Marian Catechist Apostolate
- Work Under the Direction of Raymond Leo Cardinal Burke
- Columnist for The Wanderer—America's Oldest Independent Catholic Newspaper
- Made Hundreds of Converts in One-On-One & Small Group Venues
- Eighty-Four of Those Converts Are My Adult Godchildren (which I take very seriously)
- Studied Multiple Forms of Theology, Church History, Patristics, and Apologetics Through Reading Over 1,000 Books from 100% Orthodox Writers
- I Have Been Friends With Some of the Best, Most Orthodox, Famed and Popular Bishops, Priests, Theologians, Apologists and Writers in the Catholic Church in America, So If I Don't Know the Answer, I Can Get It For You
I want to help you discover how exciting lived Catholicism is, and how to apply it to every aspect of your life—personal, financial, political, in your job... EVERYTHING! We will leave nothing untouched.
"Please accept my sincere thanks for the extraordinary work you are doing to shed light on and share the truth of the Catholic faith."
Fr. Willy Raymond, C.S.C
President, Holy Cross Family Ministries
What to expect from The Cantankerous Catholic
We tackle all the tough moral issues in society and your life, in politics, in your job, and your own life. We'll also learn together how to live the Catholic faith in a way that we can all have a real impact on society.
- Publishes at 3:00a.m. Central every Wednesday
- Segments include
- Main Topic
- Catholic News Notes
- Catholic Bootcamp—not just a teaching of the Catholic faith, but why we believe it
- Catholic Quotes
- Catholic Story Time—a story, parable or anecdote to teach a Catholic doctrine or moral point
- Available in all places where podcasts can be found
"Joe Sixpack is a well-trained and faithful consecrated Marian Catechist. As the International Director of the Marian Catechist Apostolate, I enthusiastically endorse Joe Sixpack's his work."
Raymond Leo Cardinal Burke
Be the first to know when a new episode is released, and get a free book to boot!
Download a free copy of my popular book The Best of What We Believe... Why We Believe It—Volume One! You'll also get notifications each time I publish a new podcast episode. Just enter your name and email address at any of the signup forms on this site.